Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Supporting the Troops

 
Gotta love this story from Cris Carter via Peter King:
 
"I'm flying from Atlanta to Nashville the other day for a business meeting for a security company I have. You see military people all over the airport, thousands of military people traveling. They're all in their camouflage. I get on the plane with my brother John. We're sitting in first-class. The guy across from me, I hear him talking to the flight attendant and all of a sudden he grabs his stuff and goes to the back of the plane.
I hear him saying he's giving up his seat to someone in the military. I told my brother, 'Get up, we're going to the back.' We go to the back, sit down, give up our seats, and one by one, everyone in first-class started giving up their seats. It wasn't a big plane. Then the pilot got on and said, 'Thanks to the generosity of the patrons in first-class, some of our military personnel will be in first-class today. Glad to have you. Thanks for what you do.'
It was an emotional moment, a small thing I would have never thought of. It was nice. How easy you can make someone's holiday trip home a little more pleasant.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home