Friday, March 11, 2005

Condi for president

Should I get a Rice for President bumper sticker. Dr. Rice and Mrs. Clinton were part of the talk on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" this morning. I would love to see Dr. Rice run. I trust her on foreign policy (hit 'em and hit 'em hard). Defense of the homeland is the most important thing I want from a president these days.

I look forward to the tension that her run would create in the black community. A gauntlet would clearly be thrown in front of us. How will we handle it? Will we pick it up or drop it? We already know that we can support a black person (Jessie). Can the community support a woman? a Republican? If not, what will be the excuses? I can hear them already: She's Bush's puppet. Where is her man? She's not one of "us." She hates herself and hates us too. I am sure the ugly "Condoskeeza" epithet will be derisively uttered by some clown. Oh well, the desperate can have opinions as well.

All the same, I am with her if she runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home