Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Elections in Iraq

While listening to Bill Bennett’s Morning in America talk show today, I was thrilled to hear that Bill will have Karl Zinsmeister on this Friday and Monday or Tuesday to bracket the elections in Iraq. I read Boots on the Ground and Dawn Over Baghdad and enjoyed Karl’s more balanced perspective on the war there.

It was also enlightening to hear Jay Matthews from the Washington Post talk about the good news in education, particularly the KIPP's. The Thernstroms offered lots of data on education in their book No Excuses. Jay Matthews reflected some of their incites with his comments today, particularly when he talked about Jaime Escalante.

I hope that the folks at "Morning in America" will create an icon that I can stick on this blog. I am a big fan. Bush has a "Blogs for Bush" icon. Bill Bennett should have one as well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home