Thursday, January 20, 2005

Day 1

Black and formerly liberal, I have little energy for black folks who think that the only acceptable politics for a black person is liberal. I can't say I am conservative either, but I am conservative on certain topics. I happen to believe that William H. Johnson did us all a great service when he penned the following:

If it is to be, it is up to me.
I just don't see the point of holding my breath until every vestige of racism is eradicated from this country. I like to keep moving. Optimist. Where I am, it is always Sunny and 75 degrees.

Current wish list:
privatization of social security
school choice
expansion of free markets
simplification of the tax code

Still working my way through Dawn Over Baghdad. I loved Karl Zinsmeister's previous book, Boots on the Ground. I am glad that we are in Iraq. I look forward to the elections there later this month. If we are patient and persevere, we will improve our lives and the life of the average Iraqi.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home